Hazard Migration Plan
The Town of East Hampton is working to update its hazard mitigation plan so that we remain eligible to receive Federal grant funding for projects to reduce our risk to natural hazards such as hurricanes and coastal erosion. Available funding can support projects such as beach re-nourishment, structural elevations, and backup power for schools and critical facilities. Your input is needed. To find out more please visit our project website at and take our citizen preparedness and mitigation survey.
Dissemination of Emergency Information
The Town of East Hampton disseminates time-sensitive, emergency preparedness, response, and recovery information, via this website, LTV (channels 20 and 22), WLNG (92.1 FM), and East Hampton Patch. Frequent monitoring of these sources prior to, during, and after, significant weather events is urged, to ensure that the most current information is received.
Emergency Preparedness questions that are not time-sensitive may be addressed to us via email.
- During a Warning (PDF)
- East Hampton Town Emergency Preparedness Resource Information (PDF)
- East Hampton Town Preparacion Para Emergencias Informacion de Recursos (PDF)
- Emergency Supply Checklist (PDF)
- General Post Storm Safety (PDF)
- Important Phone Numbers (PDF)
- Landfall (PDF)
- Local News Coverage (PDF)
- Preparate con la Cruz Roja (PDF)
- Red Cross Safety Tips-Hurricane (PDF)
- Road Safety (PDF)
- Safe Area and Go Bag (PDF)