- Boards & Committees
- Appointed Boards
- Planning Board
- Wainscott Commercial Center
Wainscott Commercial Center Preliminary Subdivision Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS)
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
TAKE NOTICE, that a joint public hearing on the Preliminary Subdivision Plan and Accepted DEIS will be held before the East Hampton Town Planning Board at Local TV (LTV) Studios, 75 Industrial Road, Wainscott, on Wednesday, February 8, at 3:00-5:30 p.m. and will resume at 6:30 p.m. or as soon thereafter as this matter may be heard, to consider the application of Wainscott Commercial Center Preliminary Subdivision approval pursuant to Chapter 220 (Subdivision of Land) and Chapter 193 (Open Space) of the East Hampton Town Code, to divide a 3,071,497 square foot parcel (~70-acres) into 50 lots with most lots ~1 acre in size and the southernmost lots (#21 and #22) to be ~4.5 acres in size and contain an existing ready-mix concrete plant and to be ~6.5 acres in size and contain an existing masonry and tile supply yard, respectively. The parcel is located on the north side of Montauk Highway, Wainscott and is situated in a Commercial Industrial (CI) zoning district as shown on the official Zoning Map of the Town of East Hampton and are identified on the Suffolk County Tax Map as parcels #300-192-2-6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7. Subject application is classified as an Unlisted Action pursuant to the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), Part 617 of the New York Code of Rules and Regulations, and Chapter 128 (Environmental Quality Review) of the Town Code.
A Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) Volume 1 and 2, and Appendix A-7- Preliminary Subdivision Plans prepared by Nelson, Pope and Voorhis dated revised November 29, 2022 are available for inspection at the Planning Board offices, 300 Pantigo Place, Suite 103, East Hampton, New York and available on the Town’s website link is provided below.
The public hearing will be held live and in-person by the Planning Board and will be available electronically by video and teleconferencing, and will be televised on Local TV (LTV) Channel 22, and available for livestream on the LTV website (<https://www.ltveh.org>). The public shall be permitted to appear in person but may also provide comments on the matter being heard by calling 351-888-6331.
Any person or party wishing to be heard with respect to the foregoing may do so, in person or by agent, or by attorney, or by call-in to the live stream, or by written comment addressed to the Planning Board, 300 Pantigo Place, Suite 103, East Hampton, New York 11937. Witten public comments may also be submitted to the Planning Board by email to PlanningBoard@ehamptonny.gov. All comments must be received by the Planning Board on or before 4:00pm March 13, 2023.
PUBLIC HEARING PROCEDURE
Prior to the public hearing, a sign-up sheet will be made available at the meeting room for any member of the public who wishes to be heard.
The public hearing will begin at 3:00 PM. To commence the hearing, each person who has attended in-person will be given an opportunity to speak for 3 MINUTES each. If no more members of the public present in-person wish to speak, the Planning Board will then accept phone calls from members of the public. Members of the public speaking over the phone will also be permitted 3 MINUTES each. The public hearing will break at 5:30 PM and resume again at 6:30 PM. The hearing will resume with each person attending in-person given an opportunity to speak for 3 MINUTES each. If no more members of the public present in-person wish to speak, the Planning Board will then accept phone calls from members of the public. Members of the public speaking over the phone will also be permitted 3 MINUTES each. Beginning at 8:00 PM, or earlier if no more members of the public wish to speak, either in-person or by phone, the Planning Board will permit speakers for 5 MINUTE intervals only for comments of a scientific or technical nature.
*Please note that only as of February 2, 2023, has a complete PDF version of the Adopted DEIS been available on the Town’s website. Previous versions of the Adopted DEIS omitted the following documents:
- Appendix I-2: Traffic Engineering Revisions to Wainscott Commercial Center (prepared by Dunn Engineering Associates, P.C. dated November 2022)
- Appendix J: Alternative Site Plans
- Appendix K: Existing Conditions Photographs
If you have referred to the online version of the DEIS before 4:00 PM on February 2, 2023, please note that these items would not have been available.
- 2020-07 Wainscott DEIS Master Document-July 2020
- Resolution adopting scope
- Wainscott Commercial Center Final Scope II
- Revised Draft Environmental Impact Statement DEIS May 18, 2022
- Revised Draft Environmental Impact Statement DEIS August 30, 2021
- Revised Draft Environmental Impact Statement DEIS August 30, 2021 (with highlighted changes)
- Adopted Draft Environmental Impact Statement DEIS November 29,2022
- Adopted Draft Environmental Impact Statement DEIS November 29,2022 (with Highlighted Changes)
- Resolution to Accept Complete Subdivision Plat
- Wainscott Commercial Center PSD Resolution to Refer Matter to the ZBA
- Resolution to Accept DEIS 12-14-2022
- Wainscott Commercial Center PSD Resolution to Schedule Public Hearing
- Wainscott Commercial Center PSD Public Hearing Notice
- Adopted Draft Environmental Impact Statement DEIS November 29, 2022 Corrected February 1, 2023
- Adopted Draft Environmental Impact Statement DEIS November 29, 2022 (Figures - All)
- Adopted Draft Environment Impact Statement (DEIS)November 29, 2022 (Appendix A to K)
- EH SEQRA Power Point Final 013123
- Wainscott Commercial Center DEIS Comments 04 28 23