WELCOME!! ...to the Town of East Hampton, Recreation Department website.
Our main office is located at the back of the Town Hall complex, behind the Court Building. Look for the white building that says, "Parks and Recreation." If you are having trouble getting answers, please do not hesitate to contact us, and we will be happy to assist you.
If you would like to receive real time information via text or email, please sign up with Notify Me and select "Recreation" under "Calendar" category to receive the most recent Recreation Program Information throughout the year.
Job Opportunities – The TOEH Recreation Department is now accepting job applications for…
- Recreation Aides to work at Lt. Lee Hayes Youth Park. Duties would include looking over the park, making sure that all rules are being followed, keeping the park clean, making sure that everyone is safe, and having a good time! We also hire Recreation Aides to assist in running Recreation Programs and events throughout the year.
- TOEH Lifeguard Applications are also being accepted at this time for next season.
- Beach Attendants collect daily parking fees at beach booths and check for valid beach parking stickers on vehicles.
- Sailing Director/Recreation Specialist - Manages staffing (Hiring, training, certifications, scheduling, payroll reporting, program set up and break down) -Manages inventory (boats – JY15’s and 420’s, equipment, trailers) which includes making repairs and ordering needed equipment, parts, and supplies -Administration (attendance of participants) - Designs and implements program curriculum *CPR & First Aid required, along with boater safety and sailing instructor certification.
- We are also always seeking individuals who possess expertise in a particular sport or activity to add to our program menu throughout the year. If you are interested in coaching or teaching an additional program for the Recreation Department, please email us at… firstname.lastname@example.org
General Information About Our Department
Given the size and scope of the Town of East Hampton’s holdings, expanding accessible opportunities at our facilities is an evolving and ongoing project. We also strongly recommend that you contact our office in advance of your visit to understand what you can expect and how best to make your experience positive. If you require accommodation, we welcome you to contact the Recreation Department at least two working days prior to your visit.
The Recreation Department, in conjunction with the Buildings and Grounds Department, oversees and maintains approximately 45 parks and beaches, and the Montauk Playhouse. Recreation programs are offered year-round, and they are given not only at town operated facilities, parks, and beaches, but also at all East Hampton Public School locations. Using the public-school facilities and fields allows the department to better enhance recreation program and activity options, as well as bringing the community closer together.
In addition to full-time staff, the Recreation Department employs approximately 170 part-time positions throughout the year and works closely with East Hampton Town’s Buildings and Grounds Department. Staff is frequently shared between departments to maximize the potential service opportunities for the East Hampton Town community, and to further the efficiency of the East Hampton Town’s workforce. Employees are shared with Buildings and Grounds Department for facilities and parks maintenance needs.
The Recreation Department also works with the Montauk Chamber of Commerce to promote recreational options for the community, and the Montauk Chamber of Commerce offers us the use of their building every year for the annual Turkey “Run for Fun” each Thanksgiving.
John RooneySuperintendent of Recreation
159 Pantigo Road
East Hampton, NY 11937
159 Pantigo Road East Hampton NY 11937
Amagansett Youth Park
Recreation Office Hours
(Rear Of Town Hall Campus)
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.