Architectural Review Board
- 4 p.m.
- 2nd and 4th Thursdays of every month
**Meetings are aired live on LTV channel 22, live-streamed on LTVeh.org and YouTube, and are archived on the LTV site**
- The ARB will conduct in-person meetings beginning April 5, 2022. Due to the vagaries of the COVID-19 pandemic, meetings may need to be held virtually from time to time. The success of virtual meetings has influenced the Town Board to consider the possibility of hybrid meeting mechanisms, including Zoom. But, that process has yet to be finalized. Applicants will be alerted by the ARB staff of the meeting venue when their applications are scheduled to appear on the agenda.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval by the Board.
- Kathleen Cunningham, Chair - Term expires 2024
- Esperanza Leon, Vice Chair - Term expires 2022
- Dianne Benson, Member - Term expires 2023
- Frank Guittard, Member - Term expires 2026
- Chip Rae, Member - Term expires 2025
Town Board Liaison
- Sylvia Overby, Councilwoman
Architectural Review Board Overview:
The Town of East Hampton possesses a rich architectural heritage dating from colonial times which is anchored in its traditional economic cornerstones of farming and fishing. The enduring charm of local residences, shops and others buildings, together with the historic association which many of these buildings have with each other and with the streetscapes, constitute a visual and cultural landscape which has allowed the Town to be acclaimed as one of the most beautiful and historic communities in the nation. The Town Board has established procedures to provide for review and approval of the architecture, design, scale and style of certain classes of buildings and structures, and for the design, scale and architectural compatibility of historic landmarks and structures and improvements within designated historic districts and agricultural overlay districts. It is important to ensure that commercial building design and, in certain circumstances, residential building design, are harmonious with the Town's essential character. The Board consists of five members appointed by the Town Board. Each member serves a five-year term.
Architectural Review Board Policies & Procedures Updated March 4, 2022
- A new Architectural Review Board application form will be implemented and required by March 22, 2022. After that date, the joint Planning Board/ARB application will no longer be accepted.
- Applications must be deemed complete by the Planning Department before being considered for review.
- Once applications are deemed complete by the Planning Department and scheduled for review, they will be scheduled for an upcoming ARB agenda.
- Applicants have the right to appeal/object to the Planning Department's determination of completeness directly to the Architectural Review Board Chair.
- The Planning Department will prepare reports on applications, as necessary.
- Reports from the Planning Department will be posted online on the Friday prior to the week of the upcoming meeting.
- Applicants/agents will be notified of scheduling dates via the contact information provided on the application form.
- The ARB will limit Agricultural Overlay District applications to two (2) per meeting given the complex nature of these applications. From time to time, exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Chair