Details and Forms
The Town of East Hampton Septic Incentive Program is available for eligible residential and commercial property owners who replace their existing septic system with a Suffolk County Department of Health Services approved Low-Nitrogen System.
Eligible Property Owners are defined as residential property owners and owners of property used for non-residential purposes in the Town of East Hampton including properties located within village boundaries within the Town of East Hampton.
Incentive Program schedule is as follows;
- Eligible owners in the Water Protection District may receive an incentive for approved costs associated with replacing a septic system with a Low-Nitrogen System, with a maximum rebate of $20,000.
- Eligible owners in all other areas of the Town of East Hampton may receive an incentive for approved costs associated with replacing a septic system with a Low-Nitrogen System, with a maximum rebate of $15,000.
- Eligible owners who meet the income/asset requirements for low to moderate income may receive an incentive for approved costs, with a maximum rebate of $20,000.
New construction is not eligible for a septic incentive.
Property owners must supply proof of ownership in the form of;
- A valid certificate of occupancy (CO) issued by the Town or Village of residence;
- Property Survey
- Property Deed
To qualify for low-moderate income residential homeowners must submit the first two pages of owner(s)’ latest year’s tax return (Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, or IT-201) indicating Federal Adjusted Gross Income of the property owner(s) (married or single) meets the low-moderate income guidelines
Follow the Septic System Upgrade Process Guide for step-by-step instructions starting with applying for funding approval to installing your system and receiving a reimbursement for approved costs.
Call, email, or stop-by the Natural Resources Department for help navigating the process:
Natural Resources Department
300 Pantigo Place, Suite 107
East Hampton, NY 11937
The Town is now able to pay your septic installer directly! The remaining balance will be available to the homeowner for other approved costs. The Town of East Hampton approved vendor list is available below. Ask the Natural Resources Department staff how to set up your vendor with direct pay.
*Under IRS guidelines, your septic incentive will be considered personal income and the Town will be issuing you a Form 1099 for the full incentive amount distributed to you and/or your vendor for your installation. Please consult your accountant or financial advisor to discuss tax implications.
- Septic System Upgrade Process (PDF)
- East Hampton Septic Rebate Flyer (PDF)
- Water Protection District Maps (PDF)
- Form 1 Incentive Eligibility Verification Form (PDF)
- Form 2 Septic Rebate Application Form (PDF)
- Form 3 Approved Vendor Direct Payment Request Form (PDF)
- W-9 FORM (PDF)
- Approved Vendor List for the Town of East Hampton (PDF)
- Property Owner Direct Pay Verification Form
- TOEH Limited Septic Registry Application Form